About the SEED Foundation
The mission of the SEED Foundation (AKA The Student Education and Ethics Development Foundation, formerly affiliated with the OK Ethics Foundation) is to support initiatives on various campuses throughout the state in promoting ethical behavior. One of the biggest events of the year is the annual Statewide Student Ethics Challenge which involves undergraduate university students who present arguments on a variety of ethical issues. The day-long event requires weeks of preparation and provides an opportunity for students to crystallize their thinking on dilemmas involving personal integrity. Ultimately, this helps prepare them for difficult issues they may encounter in the workplace.
The teams debate and defend their moral assessment of some of the most troubling and complex ethical issues facing society today. Questions address a wide array of topics in business and professional ethics in personal relationships and in social and political affairs.
Inspire a culture of integrity.
Through educational initiatives, promote and cultivate ethical thinking and practical decision making for positive results today and tomorrow.
- Wisdom: Discern best course of action based on experience and facts, knowing when to seek guidance
- Respect: Selflessly honoring the inherent dignity of others
- Service: Subordination of self toward the fulfillment of duty
- Courage: Having the strength to overcome fear and adversity to do what is right
- Responsibility: Taking the initiative to fulfill commitments even in the face of challenges; demonstrating accountability to stakeholders
- Honesty: Being truthful in thought, word and deed, while demonstrating a sincere concern for others
October 15, 2016
Statewide Student Ethics Challenge
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT -
The Foundation is a 501c3 organization specifically geared to reach university and high school campuses. It is primarily supported through earmarked portions of dues and volunteers from the OK Ethics Consortium as well as generous private donations such as those made by the Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma and Express Employment Professionals.